Saturday 19 February 2011

FLU (2)

I had a terrible night the night before last, but it got materially worse last night.

I drove my wife to Billund Airport, since she is spending a few days visiting a friend in the U.K. On the way back, the car broke down. I think the alternator has packed up, anyway the electrics were completely gone.

It happened in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, two of my four brothers-in-law live not far away, so I rang them to ask for help. The first was willing, until he told me that he was on a skiing holiday in Austria. The second came and collected me, and he towed my car the 15 or so km to his house.

The problem was that it is currently minus 10-12 degrees at night in Denmark at the moment (not as bad as the minus 42 degrees in Northern Norway, but that cold front is what is affecting us). So I had to wait in the car for an hour with very few clothes on. My flu went from bad to terrible, and is now better described as bronchitis.

Still, every cloud has a siver lining. My sister-in-law normally has to watch X-Factor on her own on Friday nights, since her husband is not remotely interested. This time she tucked me up on the sofa with a big duvet and a hot cup of tea, so that we could enjoy it together.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment