Wednesday 26 September 2012

POPCORN

I dislike popcorn. True, I eat it when it's there, but I always look down on myself when I do. It's incredibly more-ish, but it tastes pretty much like salted cardboard. I never ever have it with that gunky stuff they serve it up with in America, which is just gross.

The other problem with it is that it just doesn't go with children; which is odd, since children are the main consumers of it. What I mean is that the relationship of popcorn to children is governed by the iron law children + popcorn = one big mess on the floor. Apparently it is impossible for a box of popcorn to move in its entirety from its container to the inside of a child's mouth.

I was reminded of this again today when I was up in the cinema. We had 31 children to watch the new Disney film Brave last night; today, the auditorium looked a mess. As I say, it's an iron law.

Walter Blotscher  

No comments:

Post a Comment