Saturday 11 August 2012

A NICE SURPRISE

I had a nice surprise today. Weeding my kitchen garden after time away in England, I discovered some blackberry plants. Even better, I discovered them in an area right next to the kitchen garden, as if I had planted them there myself. Since I love blackberries, this was a major find.

There is however one problem with blackberries; where they are, nettles inevitably follow. It's as if the head blackberry says "hey guys, since we're so delicious to eat, we have to make life difficult for the pickers by hiding in the worst possible places". Sure enough, there are lots of nettles next to the kitchen garden, which is probably why I never discovered the blackberry bushes beforehand.

I need to get my industrial gloves on, and clean up the neighbourhood. Blackberry and apple crumble will follow shortly thereafter.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment