Wednesday 18 April 2012

A USELESS INVENTION

The most useless invention I have encountered so far in my life is my wife's instant coffee dispenser. Shaped like a pepper pot, it works in roughly the same way. You twist it and instant coffee comes out of the bottom; roughly four twists are enough for a cup.

There are two things which make this contraption useless. The first is that with all the twisting, coffee granules invariably fall over the side of the cup (and I am not counting those that are spilt when you have to fill the dispenser up from the jar). Secondly, there is another instant coffee dispenser, that requires only one twist, no prior filling from the jar, and doesn't spill granules. It's called a teaspoon.

Walter Blotscher

1 comment:

  1. And it is long time since I have come accross a house using instant coffee. The effect of living in Sandwich.

    ReplyDelete