Sunday 8 April 2012

MY ANNUAL WALKING TOUR

Today I am off to the U.K. for my annual walking tour. I have done this for the past 10 years or so with mates from my university days.

However, big changes are afoot this year. Instead of its being in the summer term half-term around 1 June, it is being held now, after Easter. And instead of going to the Lake District, we are going to the Yorkshire Dales. Crikey, just writing it down makes me aware of the momentous nature of the break from tradition.

Still, some things won't change. We will still meet in Lancaster on Wednesday evening, walk for three days and then leave next Sunday (I will be going on to visit my mother). We will still drink quite a lot of beer. And we will put the world to rights.

I will be without a computer, so no blogging. Back in ten days or so.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment