Wednesday 2 November 2011

TEA IN THE EVENING

I never used to drink tea in the evening, it was always coffee or alcohol. Tea was something one had in the afternoon at teatime, mornings and evenings required something stronger.

It was my children who got me to change. They are all big tea drinkers (though my second son, having lived in Switzerland, is shifting to coffee), ever since we used to give them milky tea as toddlers. Gradually I started having tea with them after dinner, and now I have got to like it. Indeed, in a sort of Pavlovian dog reaction, I start to get really thirsty about this time of the evening, and have to make a cup before I go to bed.

As I have just done, to drink while I write this. Earl Grey, in case you're wondering.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment