Tuesday 26 July 2011

ANTS

There are an awful lot of ants in this world. And a fair proportion of them seem to be living under the front step of my house. I don't know how they survive, since it is basically sand down there (I know that, since they helpfully leave small piles of the stuff on the steps). So perhaps they come out to find food?

Whatever the reason, they are very irritating when they do. I don't know whether all ants eventually turn into flying ants. But it is the flying version that gets on my nerves, wandering all over the kitchen and boiler room as well as the front step.

When it comes to dealing with ants, I have to admit that I am a ruthless killer, a genocidist even. Armed with my super strong insect spray, I go amok. Casualties are huge. However, I am not sure it has much effect in the long run; as I say, there are an awful lots of ants in this world.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment