Saturday 28 May 2011

OFF ON HOLIDAY

Tomorrow morning I am off to the U.K. for my annual walking holiday in the Lake District. After so many years of good weather (plus the same for the last two months), I fear a drenching, and will dress accordingly. I will however still be taking my cycling kit in order to give the lads a fright; bright pink and blue Lampre colours this time.

I will also be visiting my Mum, whom I haven't yet seen this year. I will get a lift back to Derby with my friend, who will then be given tea by my mother, a bit like a sealion getting a fish when they have done something right. My mother is very good at making tea; and my friend is very good at eating it. A win-win deal.

I have just checked the kitchen garden and nothing appears to be happening yet. However, I have great expectations that there is a lot of growing activity going on underground, and that there will be masses to see when I get back. I leave my daughter in charge of weeding and defending against moles.

I don't blog when I am on holiday, so you'll have to hold your breath for 10 days. Back on 8 June.

Walter Blotscher 

No comments:

Post a Comment