Tuesday 2 November 2010

ONE MAN WENT TO MOW (3)

On Sunday I mowed the front lawn for what I hope will be the last time this year. I got in a quick hour before the sun went down, and am jolly glad that I did, since it has rained ever since, and the days are getting dark by 4pm, now that the clocks have gone back. The grass seems to have realised all of this, and has gone to sleep for the winter. I merely tucked it up and added a duvet.

Garden activity this winter will now concentrate on pruning the apple trees. Apart from one which fell over, and provided a fair amount of fuel for the wood-burning stove, they haven't really been looked at since we moved in in 2002. That is about to change.

Walter Blotscher

2 comments:

  1. What time does it get light in the morning?

    It takes me a few days to adjust to the winter turning of the clocks. All those years where the clocks did not move and the time of sunrise and sunset moved barely half an hour through the year.

    But the place on the horizon where the sun rose and set altered a lot as the year passed by.

    I can remember that along with the night noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,

    It gets light around 7.30am at the moment, though that is getting later every day.

    Regards,

    Walter

    ReplyDelete