Monday 16 August 2010

YOGHURT WITH BITS

As I write this with my right hand, I am idly spooning yoghurt into my mouth with my left. But not just any old yoghurt. This is a German 4-Korn yoghurt, produced abroad but sold here in Netto for kr.2.95 a throw (a throw being a sizeable 250g).

Apart from the range of interesting flavours - blood orange/pineapple (which this one is), strawberry/rhubarb, muesli - what I really like are the small corn bits that you can chew, and which occasionally get stuck between your teeth. As I said to my daughter, these yoghurts are both scrumptious and wicked.

With such a good product, you would think that the manufacturer's name would be plastered all over the packaging. But no. I eventually found it, tucked away in very, very small print; J. Bauer GmbH & Co, from Wasserburg, near Munich. Well done, them.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment