Friday 25 June 2010

THE MICHELSBERG TAILORING BLOG

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noted that one of the blogs that I follow is the Michelsberg Tailoring Blog. The curious will even have had a look at it.

I have never met James Michelsberg. I came across him some years ago, since I am part of a business network and we had a mutual contact. I gave him a couple of suggestions for his business and made a mental note that the next time I ever buy a hand-made suit, then it would be from him.

In 2007, he sent me an E-Mail telling me that he was setting up a blog on his website. Not knowing at that time what a blog was, really, I did nothing. Three years later, in January this year, I set up my own blog. A month or so after that, I was idly culling my E-Mail inbox when I came across his earlier E-Mail. By now a fully paid-up member of the blogosphere, I decided to have a look.

And got hooked. I love his blog. It's an insight to a niche world of which I have absolutely no knowledge or experience. I learn words I have never heard of before, see pictures of production processes I can't describe and finished products that I can't afford to buy, and get a feel for what it must be like to work in that milieu.

Yes, it is nerdy and geeky, and more than a little offbeat. But what shines through the words is his absolute love and passion for the subject; he is a true bespoke tailoring nut. And that's infectious.

I just wish he wrote more often than once or twice a month.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment