Thursday 11 December 2014

AN EAR INFECTION

I can't remember ever having had a serious ear infection before. Babies get them all the time; my children did, and I presume that I did as well. But it was before my conscious being came into being, so to speak.

Well, one thing I can tell you; it hurts like hell. Not just "it's sort of painful", but paralysingly, I-can't-do-anything-except-lie-down-and-groan painful. Yesterday my heavy cold and cough decided to migrate to my inner ear, and I woke up in agony. The doctor could originally only give me a time for today, but it hurt so much that I had to ring up and beg for a time yesterday. Thankfully they said yes. I am now on ear drops and antibiotics.

My wife tells me that this is happening because I am now an old man. I don't like to admit it, but she is probably telling the truth.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment