Monday 21 July 2014

ISRAEL AND PALESTINE

Is it just me who is heartily fed up with the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians? I don't mean fed up in the sense of being bored; but fed up of watching politicians of all stripes apportioning blame and guilt to the other side for this or that atrocity that they have themselves committed.

Lest we forget, this conflict has been going on for at least the whole of my life (and I am 55). There's only one solution, namely two states living side by side. Yes, I know the devil is in the details; but bombing and killing the other side doesn't make those details any easier, in my humble opinion.

I don't know who has leverage over the parties; America certainly, but I am not sure who on the other side. However, whoever it is needs to start banging some heads together, not in terms of imposing a solution, but in making the two sides sit down and start talking seriously to each other. If they don't, then this tit for tat low-level violence could go on for another 55 years, and I'll get really fed up.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment