Wednesday 5 March 2014

BURIAL RULES

Readers of this blog will know that Denmark is a country full of rules, not all of which I can see the point of. So it is nice to be able to report a relaxation of the rules in one area, which will affect us all.

Until today you were not allowed to bury people (either a body in a coffin or an urn of ashes) anywhere other than in religiously consecrated ground. So when my wife asked me where I would like to be buried, and I said "I would like to be cremated and have the ashes buried under the apple tree in the garden", she told me that that was a no no.

Now, however, local authorities are allowed to establish burial sites in places such as forests. Not coffins, but urns with ashes in them.

A modest change, but a good one in my view.

Walter Blotscher

1 comment:

  1. Is your wife expecting to cremate you quite soon? Or at least have you die first.

    ReplyDelete