Friday 7 February 2014

THE BOILER GOES

I got a message from my wife this morning at work, that the boiler had stopped, and could I sort it out? When I got home this evening I rang my bridge partner, who happens to be an ex-boilerman. After prodding various switches while on the phone, we agreed that it was due to a lack of oil in the tank (if it sounds a bit stupid that I hadn't worked that out, it's because the tank has to have 200 litres or so in it in order to give enough pressure, and the gauge is not that accurate).

A fresh batch of heating oil has been ordered for tomorrow, which should sort out the problem. In the meantime, the house is pretty cold. Still, that puts me in the mood for the Winter Olympics, which start today. My son and I watched the opening ceremony this evening wrapped in duvets, which seemed rather appropriate.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment