Tuesday 5 February 2013

MOLE WARFARE (11)

January involved lots of snow, which has now melted, followed by lots of rain. The combined result is that the water table on my property is the highest it's been in the twelve years I have lived here. My kitchen garden is completely under water, for instance.

All of which has made the battlefield with the Mole Army even more Somme-like than usual. Throw in the terrible casualties that they have suffered during the past decade, and they must be close to collapse. The current offensive has all the makings of a last-ditch effort.

Moles not wanting to live under water any more than I do, I trapped this guy between the flood and the compost heap, and then slowly reeled him in. And this morning I got him. Current score for 2013; Blotscher 1, Mole Army 0.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment