Sunday 17 February 2013

FAME

Andy Warhol once said that "in the future, everyone will be world-famous for fifteen minutes". If that is true, then I think that Walter Blotscher has already had his allotted time span.

I have subscribed to, and read, the Economist newspaper on a regular basis since I was at university, which was roughly 35 years ago. The magazine has followed me around the world from the U.K. to the U.S., Belgium, Africa and now Denmark. A couple of weeks ago, there was a survey on the Nordic countries, which I disagreed with; not in the case of Sweden, but definitely in the case of Denmark. My letter to the paper was printed in this week's edition, and here is the link http://www.economist.com/news/letters/21571848-nordic-countries-private-schools-immigration-sandhurst-ed-koch-richard-iii.

Back to obscurity for the rest of my life ......

Walter Blotscher


No comments:

Post a Comment