Monday 17 December 2012

JULEFROKOSTER

December is the time for "julefrokoster". Although that Danish word literally means "Christmas lunches", most take place in the evening. For companies, other workplaces, clubs, associations, any organisation really. Large amounts of beer and schnaps are the norm.

This week is going to be fairly heavy duty, since today I have my last badminton match of the year, followed by a julefrokost. Tomorrow will be the last bridge evening of the year, followed by a julefrokost. Wednesday will be an event at the local cinema, followed by a film, and Thursday evening will be the gala at the school where I teach (thankfully, it will be non-alcoholic, though I have to serve). Friday I will collapse, before a weekend spent driving down to Basel and back to fetch my son and all of his stuff. Next Monday I have to make the turkey.

Somewhere in between I have to buy a Christmas tree, and do other assorted stuff. I am already looking forward to the 25th, when I can relax.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment