Monday 24 September 2012

WINTER HOBBIES (2)

It's September and it's Denmark, so it's starting to get cold and miserable (I know, since I have just emptied the rubbish into a howling gale). It's also time for winter hobbies to start up again; for me, badminton on Mondays, bridge on Tuesdays.

This year we started bang on time, on 3 September and 4 September respectively. We could have started in August; but as I said before, it's just not done. I still haven't worked out why, and nobody is telling me.

Two of my three badminton partners have had solar panels installed on their roofs, so they get free electricity and even make a bit on the side selling the surplus back to the grid. The post-match beer is an opportunity to compare notes, so I expect I will be hearing more on the intricacies of monochrystal panels in about two hours' time.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment