Monday 3 September 2012

WHEN THE NEWS IS THE NEWS

Danish television's most prestigious channel DR1 (you can tell its pedigree from the fact that DR stands for Danish Radio) introduced a change today. Its flagship evening news programme has been at 9.00pm for as long as I can remember (and I have lived in Denmark since 2000). However, from today, it has moved to 9.30pm; I am listening to it as I write.

The same thing happened with the BBC in the U.K. some years ago (though they moved the 9 o'clock news to 10.00pm rather than 9.30pm). At the time, I didn't like the change, and have never really got used to it. Since I am rather a fan of DR's slightly old-fashioned style (a single anchor, no over-chummy first names amongst reporters), I am curious to see whether I will get used to this one.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment