Wednesday 7 September 2011

THE DANISH GENERAL ELECTION (4)

TV2 have a website, where you can test your political views against those of politicians currently trying to get elected. You answer 20 questions on (eg) whether Denmark should join the euro, whether citizens should pay for minor healthcare etc etc. The programme then tells you which politicians are most like you.

I was pleased to discover that two of the three politicians most like me are from the Radikale Venstre, the centrist party led by Margrethe Vestager. I am pleased because I have always thought of myself as politically pragmatic, rather than markedly left-wing or right-wing; and because although I can't vote in this general election, I have always said that I would vote for Ms. Vestager and her party, if I could.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment