Saturday 13 August 2011

TRAFFIC IN THE U.K.

I hired a car on my recent holiday, and drove around a fair amount. Three things stood out.

First, the quality of Britain's roads, particularly rural roads, is dire; there are potholes everywhere. I know that there have been a couple of bad winters in a row, but even so.

Secondly, the country is full of CCTV cameras. I have mentioned this before, but it still struck me just how many there are. 

Thirdly, there is a humungous amount of traffic. Everywhere and at all times. On Monday I was up early and on the M40 at 5.15am, in order to get to Stansted Airport by 7.00am. I couldn't believe how much traffic there was at that time of the morning, the 4-lane M25 was chock a block.

I like visiting England, but I don't think I could live there. I would quickly end up with road rage.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment