Monday 14 March 2011

VISITING COPENHAGEN

My elder son turned 21 last weekend; many congratulations to him. We had intended to do something with him to celebrate this milestone; but he is a busy bee these days, so it had to wait.

On Friday I went up to Copenhagen to see him. We drank beer at the pub where he works, and then I took him out to dinner at a cafe near where he lives. I had a terrific steak, which I mention, since I don't eat much meat these days (my daughter being a vegetarian). I slept overnight in his room, and in the morning he made me a huge breakfast of bacon and eggs (ditto).

My son was buzzing with energy and exuberance. He is full of activities and plans and events and hopes, what you would expect to see in a young man with the future ahead of him. It was great to see. Must be all that meat ...

Walter Blotscher

1 comment:

  1. Enthusiasm, hope, expectation, testoserone (or however sex is spelt): you remember that and will not spolilt the dreams. A good steak is good to remember that by.

    ReplyDelete