Sunday 27 March 2011

COMPUTER KEYBOARDS

I cleaned my computer keyboard this morning. Yep, that's right.

Let's be honest, how often do we do that? For me, I think that that was the first time ever. Yet we should try to keep them clean. Research by the University of Arizona has found that the average office desk has more than 400 times more bacteria than the average toilet seat. And one of the biggest repositories of desk germs is the computer keyboard, often caused by crumbs generated by people eating while they work.

Since I am pretty well the only person who uses my computer at home, the health risk is probably not too great. But in places like hospitals, dirty computers (and other things, like water cooler handles) can be deadly. One more reason why I am glad I am not a medic.

Walter Blotscher 

No comments:

Post a Comment