Tuesday 22 February 2011

BMI

Your body mass index is a relationship between your height and your weight. To be precise, it is your weight in kg, divided by the square of your height in m (i.e. bmi = w/h^2).

If your BMI is under 18.5, then you are underweight, and if it is 25 or more, then you are overweight. I have never had any problem with the former, it is the latter I have to watch. Since my height of 1.8m is highly unlikely to change from now on, I can work out my maximum weight limit, if I want to have a normal weight. That is 25 x 1.8. x 1.8 or 81kg.

I have struggled to stay within this at times. The good news is that the past week's flu episodes completely took away my appetite, so that I am now safely within the normal band again. All I have to do now is stay there.

Walter Blotscher

1 comment:

  1. Well there is a thing. When I am 86 Kg I feel underweight. I prefer to use a maximum of 14st. That feels much more healthy. Think the BMI is wrong. So there.

    ReplyDelete