Wednesday 26 January 2011

BRIDGE (2)

Playing in a tournament obviously brings benefits. Last night was the first round of the club championship, where I play regularly on a Tuesday. Still feeling the adrenalin rush of the grand slam bid under tournament conditions, my partner and I finished top with 744 points. To put that in context, only one other pair reached 700 and fourth place was a lowly 619. It's looking good so far ...

I knew we were going to do well, when we were the only pair at the 20 tables to bid and make 6 spades on the first hand of the evening, everyone else making the standard 4 spades + 2. That got my partner going, and he kept it up for the whole evening.

I fully expect hubris to kick in next Tuesday in round 2. But I can enjoy how things stand for one week, can't I?

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment