Thursday 28 October 2010

INCEPTION

There is a cinema in the small town near where I live. Being a small town, it is a small cinema, with around 100 seats. It is run by volunteers, both the projectionist and the ticket lady. It is open every day except Saturdays.

But small and off the beaten track doesn't mean that they only show films that nobody else will. This evening I went with my wife and daughter to see Inception, the new blockbuster with Leonardo di Caprio. It was a perfect cinema experience. We arrived at 7.28pm to find no queue, and only four other customers. I munched my Danish Rolo's while we watched the local ad's and then lots of previews (I love the previews). Then came the film itself, with nobody in the next row blocking the screen, or talking in the quiet bits.

Inception itself was great. It's all about going into a person's parallel dream world, and then into a dream world within that, a bit like a Russian doll. All nonsense, of course. But good nonsense, very well done with lots of action; and surprises that more than matched the fact that my daughter had paid for my ticket.

Walter Blotscher

No comments:

Post a Comment