Wednesday 15 September 2010

MOLE WARFARE (3)

My cutting back the wood prompted the Mole Army to launch a suicidal flanking attack this week. Abandoning the compost heap, the kamikaze rodent circled through the wood and attacked from the north through the cornfield. He left a whole pile of hills by the big beech tree, and even managed to get under the house. That hasn't happened since we moved in here in 2002, and opened up the possibility of an attack on the front lawn on the other side. A potential nightmare.

But, but, but, Mr. Moley. I am a better hunter than I was 8 years ago. I left a decoy trap by the big beech tree, and my main weapon right on the edge of the house. Sure enough, after less than 24 hours, I had got him.

Sorry guys, but you are going to have to do a lot better than that, if you want to defeat me. You may think I am just a First World War trenches man, but I can handle Blitzkrieg just as well.

Walter Blotscher

2 comments:

  1. You can inform your dedicated readership with occaisional pictures. What is needed here is a picture, a diagram possibly but better a photograph of the battle field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,

    This was indeed the next idea for improving my blog. But I need to a) take some pictures and b) work out how to upload them .....

    Regards,

    Walter

    ReplyDelete