Wednesday 30 June 2010

ROGER FEDERER

Roger Federer is one of the all-time great sportsmen. He holds the record for the most victories in the four major tennis championships (Australian, French and U.S. Opens, plus Wimbledon), and is one of only a few players in history to have won all four. He is also charming, elegant, tenacious and brilliant. I am a huge fan.

So, it was somewhat of a surprise that he lost this afternoon to the Czech Tomas Berdych in the quarter finals at Wimbledon. Federer hasn't been at his best this tournament; and Berdych played out of his skin. But that didn't make the defeat any less painful.

For me, that is. It was so painful that I immediately had to go out for a cycle ride. Which lost me a few pounds, but didn't make me feel any better. And I couldn't even console myself with Roger's winnings.

Walter Blotscher

1 comment: