Wednesday 26 May 2010

LENTILS

I love lentils. Apart from the taste, I like their texture, midway between mushy and crunchy. They also make me feel good, allowing me to eat protein without having to eat water-and-other-resource-heavily-dependent-meat. That does not of course stop me from eating a juicy steak the very next day. But hey, who said I was consistent and non-hypocritical?

Each time I eat them, I find myself saying that I ought to eat them more often. The only difference this time is that I am saying it on my blog. And that is because I have just had two bowls of delicious lentil and bacon soup while watching Desperate Housewives with my daughter. One packet of bacon, one large onion, two carrots. Chop them all up and fry them in some oil, add lentils, water and seasoning, and simmer for 40 minutes. Wicked!

My daughter is now going to serve me tea and cake in bed. She has just started work at the local bakery, and got two strawberry cream tarts when the shop closed. Wicked again!

Walter Blotscher

1 comment: