Thursday 8 April 2010

CYCLING

This evening I went out for my first cycle ride of 2010. To be honest, the weather had not been particularly appealing during the first three months of the year. I also had to fix new brake pads first, after my son had worn them out flying down the mountains of Switzerland.

It was good to get out and moving again, and feel that wonderful combination of a well-oiled bicycle gliding over a well-tarmac'ed road. It was also good to stretch those muscles, which you don't ordinarily use so much in everyday life, the ankle ligaments, the bottom of the upper thigh, the small of the back.

I only did about 15 kms, but I was knackered. I am out of shape.

One thing I did notice was the huge number of potholes, the result of the hard winter's snow and ice. Local authorities' works departments will be busy this summer.

Walter Blotscher

1 comment:

  1. hi robert
    i am in training for my 103 mile cycle next week end also helen who just fell off her bike on sunday quite badly
    its great to read your blogs
    i can remember how opinionated you are without the pleasure of having to listen
    hope you are all well
    simon

    ReplyDelete